The partner companies of OneAmerica® understand that your trust in us
depends on how well we protect your personal, business and account
information. The enterprise utilizes industry-accepted security
practices, such as firewall usage and encryption. For your
protection, we verify you are who you say you are before granting
access to your accounts.
What You Should Do to Protect Your Information
- Never share your login name and password
- Change your password frequently.
- Always log off this site before leaving
your computer. When using a public PC (such as in a library or
school), also close the browser when you are finished.
- Always log off this secure site before
accessing other Web sites.
- If you have questions when creating or
changing your password, refer to our Password
- Consider using a personal firewall to
prevent hackers from invading your personal computer, especially if
you are using DSL or a cable modem to access the Internet.
- Install virus protection software and
scan all downloaded software, as well as all diskettes, before use.
- Delete e-mails with attachments from
- Never send confidential information in
- Do not enter confidential information on
a Web page that does not contain a security key () in the lower right corner of the
Security Controls and Browser Requirements
Microsoft Internet Explorer with domestic-grade
(U.S./Canada versions) 128-bit encryption is required for this
Web site. This is a minimum-security requirement for accessing your
account information and is one of the strongest forms of encryption
available for commercial use over the Internet.
If you do not have Microsoft Internet Explorer
installed on your system, you may download it below.
Key points to remember when downloading a
- Follow the instructions.
- Select the correct operating system.
- Provide all information requested on the
browser site affidavit. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent
resident to download these browsers for use in the U.S.
- See license agreement terms included
with the browser software to understand your obligations.
- Check that you have selected the correct
browser version to download.
- Install the browser after you have
downloaded the installation file.
To download Microsoft Internet Explorer,
designed for only the U.S. market and Canada, please click the
Select the most recent domestic-grade 128-bit
version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser (U.S. and
|Please click on Login button below to
go to the Account Services Web site.